Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
2-3 medium peeled and cut into small pieces aloo (potatoes)
1 medium tomato (chopped)
1-2 flakes of garlic (crushed)
Salt To Taste
1/4th tsp turmeric powder
Red chili powder to taste
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
2-3 whole dry red chilies
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat oil and add crushed garlic and fry till brown. Add cumin seeds and dry red chilies.
- When cumin seeds are done and chilies turn brown add salt, turmeric, chili powder and chopped tomato. Sauté foe a moment.
- Now add potatoes and mix well. Cook till potatoes are half done on a medium flame.
- Add methi and cook on a medium flame till done and till water is fully absorbed.
- Serve the aloo methi hot with chapati or paratha.